Audiovisual presentations are widely used in schools and businesses today. It engages the audience and makes learning more effective. So what makes an audiovisual presentation good? In this article, let me share with you some tips to prepare a good presentation:
1. Have the right audio visual (AV) equipment. AV equipment such as staging and lighting support your presentation and make it more effective. You don’t need to buy these devices as you can easily rent them from AV rental companies. One thing to note is that you need to make sure it’s appropriate for the audience size.
2. Use a professional projector and screen for clearer projection. Projecting onto a wall distracts your audience and easily makes them lose interest. By using a suitable screen and projector, you will appear more professional and increase the impact of your presentation.
3. Always plan. If you don’t plan, you plan to fail. Planning the details weeks before the actual event is crucial if you want to deliver a good presentation.
4. Practice your presentation. Read through the topic material and rehearse your presentation. This will make you feel more confident speaking in front of your audience on the actual day.
5. Don’t present for too long. Your audience’s attention span is limited. Your presentation should not exceed 30 minutes per session. If you’re running a 2-hour workshop, make sure you give your audience a break every 30 minutes.
6. Keep things simple and organize your technology. On the actual day you should concentrate on your presentation and not on technology. It will distract you and your audience.
7. Take a bottle of water with you. Your throat can get very dry if you talk for hours. A bottle of water will come in handy.
8. Dress well. The first impression is very important. When you dress well, you appear more professional in the eyes of your audience. Also, be sure to wear comfortable shoes as you will be moving a lot.
If you don’t have the right equipment, you can either buy or rent it from audiovisual companies. My suggestion to you is that if you don’t present often, renting the equipment is a better option. You can find a list of audiovisual companies on Google or through your local directory such as the Yellow Pages.