In today’s world, “data is the new oil”. Therefore, anything related to it is getting huge positive reactions and reach around the world. Among these, data science has become unparalleled compared to similar aspects of its field.
Because of this, various vacancies and opportunities have opened up for scientists, analysts, business intelligence (BI) analysts and developers, analytics managers, statisticians, etc. Other such professions include architect, infrastructure architect, machine learning engineer, application architect, machine learning scientist, and enterprise architect.
Prerequisites for taking a data science course:
While it is possible for anyone to take a data science specialization or certification course, you must meet certain requirements to ensure understanding and smooth absorption of the subject.
Some rudimentary requirements are therefore:
- Probability Analysis and Calculation
- Descriptive and inferential statistics
- Linear algebra, calculus, discrete mathematics and optimization, and theoretical aspects of mathematics for machine learning
- Programming skills and moderate expertise in data calculation and analysis, including Excel, Python, database query language (SQL and NoSQL), Big Data technologies, R programming, Tableau, etc.
Skills acquired through the courses:
It helps in the formulation of various algorithms and software to make it easier for companies, industries and businesses to efficiently analyze their data. Hence, these courses focus on the facets that would help them carry out the required work.
The hard skills acquired in the various courses are:
- regression analysis
- machine learning
- Data Analysis and Cleansing
- regular expression
- cluster analysis
- data scramble
- R programming
- data debugging
- data manipulation
These courses also offer a range of soft skills. Some of them are:
- work ethic
- Logical thinking
- Take the initiative
- time management
- Attitude and ability to solve problems
- Dealing with stress
- Increased dexterity
- Make a decision
- Critical thinking
- Interpersonal skills
Benefits of a data science related job:
Due to the far-reaching reach and popularity in the global information market, job openings and profits associated with these professions have skyrocketed. Anyone who has completed a certification or specialization course is eligible for these benefits.
Some of these myriad benefits are therefore:
- versatility: Data Science is a vast field with flexible and diverse applications. It is used in multiple sectors including e-commerce, banking, healthcare, finance, transportation, consulting services, etc. and offers a sorted list of jobs.
- A plethora of positions: As evidenced by its versatility, it is by no means a small field. It offers individuals numerous employment opportunities with different scopes by utilizing its far-reaching reach and applications.
- Support financially: Because of its popularity and trendiness, numerous companies, operations and industries are looking for scientists and data science experts to work with. It leads to an explosion in job demand.
- income: All jobs related to data science are prestigious, well paid and with added incentives. According to Glassdoor, a data scientist can earn approximately $166,000 in the United States. In India, their income can be in Laks Rupees. This fact alone makes them extremely lucrative and rewarding professions.
- Secure career: Data science jobs are very safe and stable to pursue. It is a very routine job that offers significant benefits. In addition, it involves little to no sudden labor disputes or layoffs.