Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) or hiring a third party to take care of some business processes is not uncommon. In fact, it is being practiced more and more often. This third-party method helps the company save a lot of resources. This is exactly what hosted CRM software does. Using a hosted CRM software is like having an IT department without actually having one.
Here are some benefits of using this business solution.
- Find sources of information quickly. All the information and resources you need can be found online.
- The costs are much lower than investing in a separate information technology (IT) department.
- Device independence allows users to access tools and information with any device that can connect to the internet.
- The location independence allows users to access the information and resources from anywhere in the world.
- Scalability allows users to add resources as needed. Other software applications can be added as the company finds use for them.
- Maintenance is much easier when a business uses hosted CRM software. The company that provides the service takes care of that.
Just as there are advantages, there are also some disadvantages.
- Downtime is unpredictable. There are times when the hosted website is not available.
- Security can be an issue.
- Integration is difficult for some companies.
- Creating processes that claim to have a human touch is considered a disadvantage by some.
Managers can’t do anything if the site is down. Similar to operating in buildings with generators, there are also certain precautions that can be taken. Precautions to ensure business continues during outages. Redundant sites can be used when the main site is unavailable. Also, there are hosted CRM software providers that allow users to work offline.
Security has always been an issue when working with the Internet. However, there are certain companies that provide security best practice standards. These are specifically designed for e-commerce and businesses using the internet. For security reasons, backups of the main database can also be carried out from time to time.
Many people think that automating some processes with hosted CRM software takes away the “human factor” in customer service. Customer Relationship Management (CRM) deals with acquiring and maintaining customers. It also aims to improve the customer’s experience of dealing with the company. All of this can be easily achieved with hosted CRM software. It doesn’t necessarily mean that the human touch is lost, either. Consider the situation of companies that have millions of customers. There is no way for the customer service representatives to really know each of them. With hosted CRM software, you can.
There are many applications that can be used. Software applications for sales automation, tracking, marketing, and customer support are just a few. Hosted CRM software also supports collaboration between different departments. Having all information online helps marketing, sales and customer service work as one.
Even large companies that can afford to run their own IT department still use hosted CRM software. Simply because it is convenient and makes everything more efficient.