Today’s customers are going digital, making a company’s website the most important touch point of all. However, this does not mean that online processes are free from disadvantages. Lack of tactile interaction, exhausting search for the perfect product and lack of support are some of the downsides. However, by offering online customer support and therefore access to useful information straight from the mouth of company representatives, online shopping becomes credible and very similar to shopping in a brick-and-mortar store.
Some of the most common pitfalls when shopping online are as follows:
• Customers do not physically see the items. In an offline shop, it is easy for the buyers to visually and physically convince themselves with the product and even negotiate the price or alternatives with the seller, thus clarifying the doubts on the spot. However, this may not be that easy when you shop from an online store.
• When a customer makes a purchase, they must wait for the item to arrive, which can take several days. Various websites offer free shipping, but there are many online stores that do not offer free shipping.
• Cyber activity sometimes includes phishing and fraudulent activity, so online payments are typically considered unsafe by customers. Therefore, users are often unwilling to compromise the security of personal information for hacking attacks.
• Sometimes the disparity between two time zones makes it difficult to make a purchase. A website originating from the USA may not have convenient times for the customers from Australia.
• Online shopping is a one-way street. To seek help, customers must either make a phone call or email the company’s staff, which can result in long waits.
• Finding a product that best suits the shopper’s preferences can be difficult when browsing a website. Browsing from one page to another sometimes just leads customers down a dead end.
Now let’s see how online customer service overcomes elements that prevent browsers from shopping online and makes the whole process quite exciting.
• There’s no denying that online shopping isn’t tactile at all. However, things can take a big turn when on the other end a knowledgeable person is able to push links to relevant information and tell you about the product themselves, clearing any doubts in seconds. All the details of the price, brand, shipping and alternatives of the product can be obtained from a reliable source, eliminating any ambiguity.
• The fact that scams and phishing activities occasionally dominate the Internet makes it a rather unappealing purchase option. However, with online customer support, customers can clear all their doubts by interacting directly with the company representatives.
• Online customer service provides 24×7 proactive support for browsers. So you don’t have to worry about not getting the service due to conflicting times. There are no time limits or long waits and support is available worldwide.