In today’s globalized economy, maximizing communication is a key issue that many businesses face. In order to successfully and properly communicate with partners, suppliers and employees, business owners and executives must be able to break down barriers caused by language limitations. That’s why organizations are increasingly turning to video and web conferencing to connect to interpretation and transcription services and provide the tools needed to successfully break down communication barriers.
When the immediate presence of an interpreter or translator is required, connecting via videoconferencing offers the same personal touch and results as a physical presence. Here are 8 creative ways companies are using video and web conferencing as an interpreting tool:
- news and media – By connecting with a translator via an online video meeting, journalists and reporters can interview sources in foreign territories without worrying about language restrictions.
- court and law – Virtual interpreters and translators in the judicial and legal industry can help in communication between parties who may have difficulty interacting with each other due to limited language skills. These services may be used during attorney-client meetings, preliminary hearings, arraignments, testimonies and court proceedings.
- medicine and healthcare – Interpreters in the medical and healthcare industry help patients with language barriers communicate with doctors, nurses and other medical staff. Whether it’s repeating what the doctor says or translating medical information, video interpreters help their clients become more informed about their health.
- accommodation resources – Sign language interpreters facilitate communication between deaf or hard of hearing and hearing people. Interpretation services can now use video and web conferencing to communicate with the hearing impaired. This works particularly well in a classroom environment where interpreters act as advocates for students, staff and parents, providing equal access to education for all.
- conference services – Business conferences attract participants from all over the world. During an information session, international participants need not be disabled because they do not understand what the speaker is saying. By connecting virtually with an interpreter or translator, they can take full advantage of what the speaker is saying.
- guides or travel services – During a business trip in a foreign territory, professionals can connect with a translator or interpreter via their computer. This ensures that the communication between all parties is understood.
- business meeting – A company can be headquartered in the United States but have offices around the world. When important meetings are held, companies can include language interpreters in the meeting who remotely connect with the participants. That way everyone can stay on the same page.
- Sales Localization Services – It’s difficult to close a deal with a prospect who doesn’t understand a single word of the sales pitch. Through video conferencing, sales teams can use interpreters to translate their sales pitches, ultimately leading to more sales and happier customers.
By removing language barriers that separate organizations, translation and interpreting services are increasingly using video and web conferencing services to help multinational and international companies build trusting business relationships without constraints.